($30, 12.5%ABV, Cannon River Winery)
Made with Minnesota’s cold-climate grapes, Osceola, Muscat, and Summerset, Minnesota N’ice is able to ferment in a cold environment for a long time. Because the use of cold grapes, much of the water from the grapes is frozen and stays with the grape meat. This gives the wine the sweetness that it has. Also this uses more grapes so that is why this wine tends to be more on the expensive side.
Cannon River’s Minnesota N’ice wine makes a great after dinner wine. Perfectly sweet to have on its own, with a charcuterie, or a light dessert.
Check out my tasting notes below to see if this wine would be a good fit for you.
- Clarity (quantity of suspended particles in the wine): Clear
- Intensity (concentration of color): Pale
- Color: Lemon
- Condition (smells normal or off): Clean
- Intensity (how pronounced the smell is): Light
- Aromatic Characteristic (what you smell): Honey, Floral, and Apple
- Sweetness: Sweet
- Acidity: Low
- Tannin (dry/astringent): Low
- Body (how it feels in your mouth): Medium (had kind of a watered down syrup feel)
- Flavor Characteristic (what you taste): Honey and Apricot
- Finish Length: Medium
Want an easy to follow template to record your own wine tasting notes?
Where to get a bottle of Cannon River Winery’s Minnesota N’ice Wine?
Cannon River Winery
421 Mill St W
Cannon Falls, MN 55009
Make a table reservation and enjoy wine at the winery. Or grab a bottle of wine to go.
Enjoy the convenience of having Cannon River Winery’s wine shipped to your home.
It’s hard waiting for your bottle of sweet Minnesota N’ice wine to arrive on your doorstep when you don’t live close to Cannon River Winery. Find a liquor store near you that sells wines from Cannon River Winery.