($22, Alcohol 13.8% by Volume, Chankaska Winery)
Chankaska’s La Crescent is made up of 100% La Crescent grapes. These grapes were developed by the University of Minnesota and released to the public in 2002. It has since become a very popular Minnesota grape.
The La Crescent grape is known for its tropical flavor profile, sweetness, and acidic nature. It tastes similar to that of a German Riesling. Because of its balance of flavors, sweetness, and acidity it is easy to drink on an afternoon with cheese and crackers.
I really enjoyed this wine. Its sweetness and acidity were well balanced and made this wine seem sophisticated. Check out my wine tasting notes below:
- Clarity (quantity of suspended particles in the wine): Clear
- Intensity (concentration of color): Pale
- Color: Lemon
- Condition (smell normal or off): Clean
- Intensity (how pronounced the smell is): Light
- Aromatic Characteristic (what you smell): Pineapple
- Sweetness: Medium Sweet
- Acidity: Medium
- Tannin (dry/astringent): Low
- Body (how it feels in your mouth): Light
- Flavor Characteristic (what you taste): Melon and Pineapple
- Finish Length: Medium
Want an easy to follow template to record your own wine tasting notes?
Multiple Gold Winner!
I had bought the 2015 La Crescent from my local liquor store, which has won some gold metals. But there have been multiple years that the La Crescent has won 4 gold metals.
Where to get a bottle of Chankaska’s La Crescent for yourself?
Chankaska Creek Ranch & Winery
1179 E Pearl St
Kasota, MN 56050
Wine to go is available everyday 12-5pm during COVID-19. Call or Email your order:
Chankaska delivers wine to your doorstep for free! Valid in certain states.
Can’t wait for your bottle to arrive at your doorstep? Or don’t live close to Kasota and don’t want to take a leisure drive? Find Chankaska wines at a liquor store near you.