($34.95, 11.5%ABV, Carlos Creek Winery)
Aurora is a sparkling wine made from a cold climate grape Brianna. It tastes similar to a Riesling and I believe that is because of the crispness of the wine. For that reason this wine makes a great summer wine.
When we were at Carlos Creek Winery, Aurora was the top seller of the day, according to staff. And I understand why. This is a great wine and I would buy it again!
Aurora would pair well with a turkey dinner or a Minnesota “champagne” to ring in the new year.
Check out my tasting notes below to help you decide if Carlos Creek’s Aurora wine would be a good fit for you:
- Clarity (quantity of suspended particles in the wine): Gas
- Intensity (concentration of color): Pale
- Color: Lemon
- Condition (smells normal or off): Clean
- Intensity (how pronounced the smell is): Light
- Aromatic Characteristic: Steely and Apricot
- Sweetness: Off-Dry when bubbles are present, Dry when bubbles are not present.
- Acidity: High
- Tannin (dry/astringent): Low
- Body (how it feels in your mouth): Light
- Flavor Characteristic: Green Apple and Lemon
- Finish Length: Short
Where to get a bottle of Carlos Creek Wineries Aurora Wine?
Carlos Creek Winery
6693 County Rd 34 NW
Alexandria, MN 56308
Enjoy a flight of wine, a glass of wine, or a bottle of wine at Carlos Creek Winery. Check out this blog post of when I went to Carlos Creek Winery.
Enjoy having a bottle of Aurora delivered right to your front door.
It’s hard waiting for your bottle Sparkling Aurora to arrive on your doorstep when you don’t live close to the Winery. Find a liquor store near you that sells wines from Carlos Creek Winery.